COSMETIC AND THERAPEUTIC INJECTIONS
Administered by Dallas / Fort Worth Eye Doctors
Injections are an effective therapeutic and cosmetic procedure with a variety of uses. Celebrities popularized its use, though it remained Hollywood’s best-kept secret for some time. Now, the secret is out, and cosmetic injection is no longer just for models, actors, and public figures.
Injection treatment is recognized as a safe and effective method for temporarily erasing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes and forehead. Keep reading to learn about therapeutic and cosmetic injection treatment and how Key-Whitman Eye Center can help you accomplish your cosmetic goals.
What are the benefits of cosmetic injection treatment?
Injections wipe away stubborn facial lines, frown lines, and wrinkles between the eyebrows that add to the appearance of age and severity.
Know the facts:
- Cosmetic injections have been used by doctors as a safe and effective cosmetic procedure since 1977.
- The results are proven, providing temporary relaxation of overactive facial muscles that create wrinkles and lines including “crow’s feet” and forehead lines.
- The results can be seen within days of injection, and last for three to six months post-procedure.
- Injections were ranked by The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) as the most popular aesthetic procedure — surgical or nonsurgical — administered by doctors in the United States.
- Cosmetic injection is one of the most cost-effective facial aesthetic procedures available.
ASAPS reported in 2007 that, since 1997, the industry had seen a 457% increase in cosmetic procedures. Surgical procedures had popularized by 114%, while nonsurgical cosmetic therapies had actually increased by 754%. Cosmetic and therapeutic injections led the top 5 nonsurgical cosmetic procedures with more than 2,775,100 procedures in the year 2007 alone.