Brow Lifts in Dallas
What Is a Forehead Lift?
As we age, the tissue and skin on our forehead and eyelids stretch and becomes droopy. Brow lifts, or forehead lifts, can reduce the lines in the forehead and between the brows and can also make the eyes look more open.
Brow Lift Techniques
There are many techniques used to lift the brow and forehead. Dr. Pfeiffer determines the most appropriate technique for you based on the thickness, elasticity, and texture of the skin, the bone structure of the face, and the overall appearance of the eyelids, forehead, and eyebrows.
Some of the brow lift techniques we use include:
- Instabrow Lift: Instabrow Lift uses Botox Cosmetic® to temporary and slightly lift the eyebrows to achieve better symmetry between both eyes. It is usually recommended when the brow has slightly dropped and must be re-treated every 3-4 months.
- Direct Brow Lift: The direct brow lift is a long-lasting and effective way to open the eyes and improve the appearance when aging skin causes the drooping of the brow and forehead. With the direct brow lift, an incision is made near the eyebrow, often concealed in the brow line, and excess skin and tissue are removed.
- Endoscopic Brow Lift: The endoscopic brow lift is minimally invasive when compared to the coronal brow lift. It utilizes small incisions in the hairline and forehead and requires special lighting and cameras to perform the surgery. Because of the small incisions, there is less scarring.
- Brow Lift Procedure: During brow lift surgery, you should plan to be at the surgery center between 1 to 3 hours. Intravenous (IV) sedation is used to keep you comfortable. Depending on the technique she uses, Dr. Pfeiffer will make one long incision or a series of small incisions. Tissue and muscle beneath the skin will be moved or repositioned, as necessary. Small sutures will be made, and you will be asked to use ointment regularly during the post-operative period.
Forehead Lift Recovery
Bruising and swelling are normal, and typically goes away within the first two weeks following surgery. It is important to avoid heavy lifting and bending to help healing. It can take up to six months for all the swelling to subside and for scars to fade.
Results from Brow Lift Surgery
You may notice subtle or dramatic results, depending on your situation before surgery and your goals for the procedure. Results can be seen immediately, with eyes appearing more open. Also, lines across the forehead, bridge of the nose, and between the eyes appear less noticeable.
See What Our Patients Are Saying!
“The doctor is wonderful! She is very kind and listened to my specific concerns. I had Botox for an Instbrow lift and she’s performed laser IPL. The superficial veins on my cheeks are completely gone in just one treatment! Looking forward to additional treatments and eventual brow lift surgery.” – Monique
To read more patient testimonials, click here.
Risks of Forehead Lift Surgery
Before surgery. Dr. Pfeiffer will fully discuss the risks associated with a brow lift. In addition to those associated with any type of surgery, risks for a brow lift can include:
- Hair loss around the incision site(s)
- Changes in facial symmetry
- Raised hairline
- Injury to facial nerves
- Dry eyes and/or eye irritation
These risks can be reduced by choosing a board-certified oculoplastic surgeon who understands the function of the eye and is experienced with oculofacial surgery.
Serving Patients Since 1961
Most Insurances Are Accepted
Eligible to Conduct Clinical Trials
Convenient Locations Throughout Dallas & Fort Worth
Above & Beyond Customer Service
Extensive Experience & Advanced Technology
Free Consultations for LASIK, PRK, EpiClear & ICL Services
Service Available in Spanish, Manderin & More
“The instantaneous results were astounding and the discomfort minimal. I look forward to the medical care I will now expect from your facility in the future. Thanks again for my vision improvement.”- Patient
“Dr. Jeffrey Whitman’s skill in cataract surgery has allowed me to continue with my lifelong goal to climb the highest peaks in the World.”- Tedd
“When the quality of my diminishing eyesight began to interfere with the enjoyment of traveling, I knew it was time to see Key-Whitman. My husband had a wonderful experience with his cataract surgery. My first visit was wonderful also.”- Patient