Crystalens® & Trulign™ in Dallas
TRULIGN™ and Crystalens® are accommodative lens implants. The unique Crystalens® design allows you to enjoy a wider, more natural range of vision for most activities. You’ll be able to enjoy reading a book, working on the computer, or driving a car with your improved vision. TRULIGN™ allows for the same and includes Toric treatment for astigmatism.
When talking about their vision, most people over the age of 45 “focus” on the loss of near vision generally associated with presbyopia or “aging eyes.” What they may not realize is that, in addition to developing cataracts, the inevitable progression of presbyopia weakens the ability of the lens to focus in the field of vision that begins at our fingertips – known as intermediate vision. And, until now, this field of vision that has become the most important for today’s active Boomers was severely compromised.
As it turns out, we live most of our “visual lives” in the intermediate range of distance between 26 and 32 inches. In fact, most of our daily lives are lived in the intermediate, also known as “lifestyle vision.”
Activities falling within our “lifestyle vision” include:
- Reading facial expressions during a conversation across a table or desk
- Seeing products and prices while walking down the grocery aisles
- Using a computer keyboard and looking up at the monitor
- Reading the speedometer and other dashboard gauges while driving
- Putting a golf ball on the tee
- Baiting a hook for fishing
- Shaving or putting on make up
- Playing billiards or cards
- Seeing what is on the dinner plate – and the silverware to use to eat it
- Writing a letter or checks to pay bills
- Brushing a child’s hair
- Playing the piano
- Measuring ingredients for cooking and baking
- Ironing clothes
- Dialing a cell phone or using a hand-held computer
For those struggling with presbyopia and cataracts, there is a new option to the traditional, standard IOLs used to replace the eye’s natural lens: the Crystalens®. As the most advanced intraocular lens available, the Crystalens® is the only accommodative, or naturally focusing, lens available today. Standard IOLs are “fixed” within the eye and correct vision at a single focus (usually distance). Multifocal lenses, first introduced in 1998, add near vision to the picture but also neglect the intermediate field of vision.
The Crystalens® IOL is the clear choice for patients seeking to not only preserve their intermediate vision, but have a continuous range of vision:
- Clinical data show that 100 percent of Crystalens® patients had good intermediate vision (26″ to 32″).
- The FDA safety and effectiveness clinical data on the most recent multifocal IOL lenses shows that at a distance of 70 cm (27.5″), the percentage of eyes achieving 20/20 or better uncorrected vision and 20/25 or better distance corrected vision was “significantly worse” than the control group.
- Multifocal lens technology is based upon splitting light rays between distances to emphasize near and distance vision while providing little or no support for intermediate vision. Consequently, the vision provided by multifocals is stepped, requiring patients to overcome a gap in their range of vision.
- The Crystalens® uses the natural focusing muscles to accommodate the full range of vision. As a result, 100 percent of the light rays are focused at each distance, so patients see clearly near, far and everything in between.
Key-Whitman Eye Center is proud to offer one of the latest, most innovative lens implants on the market: the TRULIGN™ Toric IOL. If you have cataracts and astigmatism, this intraocular lens can correct both problems at the same time, providing you with excellent far and intermediate vision and some near vision after cataract surgery. TRULIGN™ is the first accommodating lens to also offer astigmatism correction.
If you have cataracts and/or astigmatism, call us today to schedule a consultation with Key-Whitman Eye Center. We can explain all your lens implant options to you in greater detail.
Advantages Of TRULIGN™
TRULIGN™ is designed to provide the broadest possible range of vision for astigmatism patients after cataract surgery. Some of the main benefits of TRULIGN™ include:
- Excellent acuity and brightness when driving at night
- Minimized halos and glare
- Sharp vision for a range of near and far activities (e.g. reading, driving, crafts, hobbies, socializing, etc)
- Advanced aspheric optics
According to clinical results, 99.2% of all patients reported no significant visual disturbances with the TRULIGN™ Toric IOL.
Restoring Clear Vision After Cataract Surgery
Everyone’s vision, lifestyle, and expectations differ, which makes it difficult to determine exactly how dependent you may still be on eyewear after your cataract surgery. However, most TRULIGN™ Toric IOL patients experience vastly improved near, intermediate, and distance vision once the lens is in place, resulting in minimal dependence on glasses and contact lenses.
Many astigmatism patients have never experienced good vision before without the help of glasses or contacts. By helping your eyes focus light correctly, the TRULIGN™ Toric IOL can make your vision even better than it was before your cataracts developed. TRULIGN™ is FDA-approved as of May 2013.
Serving Patients Since 1961
Most Insurances Are Accepted
Eligible to Conduct Clinical Trials
Convenient Locations Throughout Dallas & Fort Worth
Above & Beyond Customer Service
Extensive Experience & Advanced Technology
Free Consultations for LASIK, PRK, EpiClear & ICL Services
Service Available in Spanish, Manderin & More
“The instantaneous results were astounding and the discomfort minimal. I look forward to the medical care I will now expect from your facility in the future. Thanks again for my vision improvement.”- Patient
“Dr. Jeffrey Whitman’s skill in cataract surgery has allowed me to continue with my lifelong goal to climb the highest peaks in the World.”- Tedd
“When the quality of my diminishing eyesight began to interfere with the enjoyment of traveling, I knew it was time to see Key-Whitman. My husband had a wonderful experience with his cataract surgery. My first visit was wonderful also.”- Patient