Cataract Fees & Pricing
More Than 50 Years of Excellent Eye Care in North Texas
Great news! Because Key-Whitman contracts with most health insurance plans (including Medicare, Medicare Advantage Plans, the Exchange Plans and Medicaid,) your out of pocket costs can be minimized. Aside from your deductible and any co-insurance, your out of pocket costs only include the refractive services fees (eg. if you choose a lens implant designed to correct astigmatism or presbyopia.) Call today and ask for specific information regarding your plan(s).
If you’ve been told that you have a cataract, now is the best time to have surgery at Key-Whitman Eye Center because the technology and options have never been better. Cataracts affect more than 22 million Americans over the age of 40, leading to about 1.5 million cataract surgeries in the United States annually. Our team at Key-Whitman Eye Center provides the most advanced cataract treatment services from our Dallas / Fort Worth cataract doctors.
Insurance Plans Accepted
Our staff is here to help make the insurance process easier for you. Our clinic and surgery center accept assignment with Medicare and both participate with most commercial insurance plans and Medicare advantage plans in the area. When you call us to schedule your initial exam, give our staff member your insurance information. Someone from our business office can then call to check your benefits and coverage, including whether or not your eye exam will be covered. When you arrive at Key-Whitman Eye Center, make sure to bring your insurance cards with you so we may be able to file for your visit on your behalf. If you are an HMO participant, please be advised that a referral will be required.
Paying for Cataract Surgery
Here are three options for paying for out of pocket costs not covered by your insurance:
- Traditional Payments — We accept cash; MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover; personal checks up to $500.00; and Online payments in advance using the pay online option on this site.
- Payment Financing — A member of our staff about setting up a monthly payment plan through CareCredit® or Alphaeon Credit® for out of pocket expenses not covered by your insurance. You may be able to set up your payments over a 24-month period with deferred interest, or up to 60 months if needed.
- Flex-Spending Accounts (FSA) & Health Saving Accounts (HSA) — Ask your employer about how to save money on the out of pocket costs of cataract surgery through flex-spending accounts (FSA) and health savings accounts (HSA). You may be able to receive immediate reimbursement with up to 12 months to pay with payroll deductions. Additionally, money taken from your paycheck to pay these bills typically will not be subject to regular employment taxes.
Learn more about the process and find answers to your questions below:
- Cataract Fees & Pricing
- Cataract Surgery Lens Options
- High-Quality Laser Cataract Surgery
- No-Or-Low Drop Laser Cataract Surgery
Speak with Our Cataract Doctors in Dallas / Fort Worth
Our experienced cataract surgeons and support staff make patients our priority, and they are readily available to help you learn more about your current situation and how we can help. If you have additional questions about the cost of cataract surgery, call (972) 905-9128.