Key-Whitman is one of the first LASIK Center in the Dallas/Fort Worth area to perform LASIK and PRK with the WaveLight® Refractive Suite. This represents the most advanced state-of-the-art technology available anywhere in the United States.
The WaveLight® Refractive Suite combines the integration of two different lasers:
- WaveLight® FS200 Femtosecond Laser, utilized in the first step of the LASIK procedure
- WaveLight® EX500 Excimer Laser, used in the second step which reshapes the cornea, correcting the patient’s nearsightedness, farsightedness, and/or astigmatism
These two lasers have been ergonomically combined and optimized into the WaveLight® Refractive Suite to give the patient exceptional comfort and the doctor efficiency in performing vision correction procedures. Advancements in laser vision correction have included the development of faster excimer lasers and the use of femtosecond lasers to create more precise lamellar flaps.
WaveLight® FS200 Femtosecond Laser
Faster Flap Creation
Featuring the world's fastest flap creation times, the WaveLight® FS200 Femtosecond Laser delivers precise outcomes. It combines low pulse energy and a unique cutting pattern for creating accurate flaps. This innovative laser uses a beam control check, accommodating for variables like temperature shift. Its ergonomic features include a high quality microscope, an adjustable joystick, and 3-axis laser arm for more efficient usability and improvement in procedures.
Some of the notable features of the WaveLight® FS200 Femtosecond Laser include:
- Low Energy and High Precision Laser:
- Ultrafast Treatment:
- Automated vacuum control for consistent suction
- Automated Daily Calibration (Increased Safety
- Mandatory Patient Calibration on Every Procedure
- Multi-functional Capabilities
WaveLight® EX500 Excimer Laser
Fast, accurate treatments
The WaveLight® EX500 Excimer Laser is the cutting edge of LASIK and PRK surgery technology. This innovative and FDA approved laser decreases procedure times with its speed, delivering the world’s shortest treatment times.
Precision and safety are two key features with this new laser. The significant improvement in the eye tracking system allows the EX500 Excimer laser to monitor a patient’s eye movements throughout the procedure, and ensures the laser treatment is applied as planned.
Some of the notable features of the WaveLight® EX500 Excimer Laser include:
- Integrated heads-up display
- Projector with LED light source
- High-resolution video system
- Built-in, non-contact, online pachymetry
- Sealed beam path
- Onboard nitrogen generator
Watch our informative video on Laser Vision Correction below.
Loading the player...